I know a girl, and she's got 5 years to live.
I could swear she was born right out of the sun,
and the boy she's got on her arm is charming.
They're falling in love,
they both seem so young.
I wish I was young.
I wish my first love hadn't always been drunk.
I wish my first love and I could have danced at the prom.
I wish my first love wasn't him.
I wish my first kiss wasn't more than just lips.
I have never been young.
When I hear her say she's got five years to live
I know I shouldn't think about dying.
But most times I just feel like I'm pretty fucked up.
I wish that every finger I moved wasn't a string that I tugged,
unraveling the welcome rug. I was the puppet to the puppeteer Love,
and I am now motionless.
Can you open this soul and clean it?
Can you erase these scars and their meaning?
And I think she is beautiful because
she isn't tainted.
Like staring at blown glass
before fallible hands paint it.
I am angry that I am not the chosen one,
not the first born son,
Not born to be a Saviour.
I was born into a world I was meant to be the slave of
Father, Come SAVE us
Take your hand down from above and give us wisdom
teach us LOVE
So that your job can be done,
So we don't need an invisible God to call us "Daughter"
To call us "Son"
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment