I'm going to do it on my own.
I'm going to have friends. I'm going to keep friends. And I'm going to be a friend. A good fucking friend. Unfortunately, this takes two. For now, project postponed. You're pathetic.
I'm going to get healthy. I'm going to get help. And I won't let it ruin everything I have. I will grow up, and I will be strong, and pleasant to be around. Unfortunately, I've yet to find the courage. You're pathetic.
I will be a good friend. I will be needed. I am needed. Am I needed? I'm breaking promises right and left, with each stagger, my broken steps. I reach for a hand, but the request spills truth from my mouth painting my mural on your chest. It is for you to see, but it peels. You forget the picture and I forget the purpose. Then we forget the colors once painted underneath the surface.
I am too vain to admit that I really have no place to go. So I invite myself into your friendships, into your society, and I pray that one day you'll ask me to stay. Take solace, my vanity had begun to rapidly fade. I'll not give you trouble much more.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment